Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Meeting Celebrities

Normally I have no aspirations to meet a celebrity. I tend to get pretty shy and it just ends up being awkward. I can't even manage to ask for a picture with them. And I can never come up with anything to ask them about.

This morning I'm watching youtube videos with Andrew and we're watching a lot of Alex Boye music videos. And I realized, I really would like to meet him. He reminds me of some of my college friends. The thing is, I'd probably still be shy and awkward. So, I think I'm going to need an icebreaker friend there with me.

Like Warky. Steve "Warky" Nunez is one of my good friends from college and he's put out a couple CDs of mormon parodies and a lot of anime stuff. He goes to the anime convention every year... unless he's double booked, which he was this year. Somehow I met a lot of cool people through him, and he was the icebreaker for everybody. A 'cool' group that I would never be noticed by, would think I'm cool too. I didn't realize he did that for me, until I was thinking about it today.

No comments: